Friday, January 25, 2008

Problem with the lights

Life at helaman halls has gone great for the most part. A problem which I have noticed however is a problem with the outdoor lights. This is really bad. Many times at night me and my friends can not play sports because of this. Then all of a sudden the lights will go out and me and my friends cant play no more. Me wonder if this problem will be fixed. If the lights is fixed many good things will happen. More outdoor games will be played making exercise more important. Then people will make more friends because they’re will be more stuff to do. If the lights go off later many people will people happy.

One thing I says earlier is people being able to meet other people. A hard thing to do is meet people. So many times people will just stay inside all night long rather than going outside. This is no fun cause it is more fun with other people. Playing basketball is a thing all peoples can have fun with and also be able to meet other people. Me hopes this problem will be fixed so me and other people can meet more friends. Other thing I mentioned is being able to me more active. Many people including myself stay inside to much and just watch tv and play video games. If we had more time for outside me thinks we will more more active and play more sports. I hopes this is something that can be changed.

Edited Version

So far life at helaman halls has been great. I have been able to meet many new and interesting people who I now consider my friends. Many of the worries I had coming into my freshman year quickly disappeared leaving all those concerns in the past. However, one aspect of helaman halls, which I have found bothersome, is how early the lights go off each night. Many times my friends and I have been left playing basketball in the dark because of such instances where the lights have gone out early. In some cases the lights have gone off around ten, which as we all know is much too early for college students. If the time the lights were on was extended to a mere hour or two I believe many beneficial possibilities could be made.

As mentioned early extending the lights will have a positive effect on the atmosphere of helaman halls. One such thing is promoting more social activities for the residents to take apart of. Often time’s students, including myself will lock themselves away in their dorms at night because there is not much to do. When such circumstances are placed before us it is difficult to go out and meet new people. However, by extending the time the lights are on and by being able to share a common interest, such as basketball, new friends will be made as a result.

No comments: